How to apply for a visa



New : Applicants holders of a Schengen visa with biometric data collection are exempt from providing the same data again.

Applicants who have already obtained a Schengen visa with biometric data collection less than 5 years ago (precisely within the last 59 months) are now exempt from providing their biometric data, provided the previous Schengen visa mentions ‘VIS’.

To qualify for this exemption measure, you have to support your visa application, a copy of your previous Schengen visa indicating the ‘VIS’ mention. If these conditions are met, you are not required to present in person to give your biometric data. Your visa application must contain, aside from the other required supporting documents, two passport photos meeting the ICAO standards.

Please note that in the event that the biometric data previously recorded could not be used to issue you a new visa, the Embassy may ask to collect your biometric data once more.

The French Embassy in Kuwait has outsourced visa applications to CAPAGO MENA. Using a service provider allows the Embassy to speed up the application process in an effort to improve the quality of service provided to applicants.

For more information on how to apply for a visa , please contact :


Arraya Shopping Center

Tower 1, 26th floor

Al- Shuhada Street

Kuwait City

Tel : +965 222 70555

Location map

Our service provider is limited to collecting applications and plays no part in decision making relating to issuing visas, which falls within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Embassy.

The decision to grant or deny the requested visa belongs solely to the Embassy.

Requirements for visa applications

You can apply for a visa if you meet all the conditions below :

1 / You hold a valid and approved travel document

Your passport or travel document should be issued within less than 10 years and have a validity period of no less than three months from the date of intended departure from the Schengen area

2 / You are resident in Kuwait

• In provision of regulations, the French Embassy in Kuwait cannot consider applications for visas of nationals who do not reside in Kuwait. Non-residents should contact the French Embassy or Consulate with competence in their place of residence (Decree No. 2008-1176 of 13 November 2008).

• If applicable, your Kuwaiti residence must have a period of validity of at least 3 months at the date of intended departure from the Schengen area.

3 / France is your single destination, or main destination. If you are traveling in several countries of the Schengen area, you must submit your application to the consular representation of the country in which you intend to spend the major part of your stay. If you stays in the various Schengen states are of equal length, it is the state in which you first enter the Schengen area which is competent.

How to apply

You must book an appointment with CAPAGO MENA to submit your visa application. You must produce :
- Your passport
- 1 or 2 visa application forms (dated and signed)
- 2 passport photos (complying with these standatds)
- Supporting documents required depending on the visa requested (a list of supporting documents is provided on CAPAGO MENA’s website)

Application forms

• Schengen visa (short-stay) Application Form in French

PDF - 88.3 ko
(PDF - 88.3 ko)

• Schengen visa (short-stay) Application Form in English

PDF - 713.4 ko
(PDF - 713.4 ko)

• Long-stay visa Application Form

PDF - 35.8 ko
(PDF - 35.8 ko)

• Parental consent for minors

Word - 59 ko
(Word - 59 ko)

• OFII Form (in French) for long-stay visas

PDF - 36.6 ko
(PDF - 36.6 ko)

• OFII Form (in English) for long-stay visas

PDF - 171.7 ko
(PDF - 171.7 ko)

[(To which countries does my Schengen visa allow me to go ?

Unless otherwise stated on the visa sticker , short-stay visas are valid for travel in all 26 states of the Schengen area , which include the following countries (in alphabetical order) : Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia , Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland , Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.

There is no immigration control at the borders between the countries of the Schengen area, except in exceptional circumstances.

Britain and Ireland are not part of the Schengen area.

Important : You can submit your application to the French consular services :
- If France constitutes the sole destination of your journey.
- If, in case your trip includes several Schengen destinations, France is the main destination in terms of the length or purpose of stay.
- If the main Schengen destination cannot be determined, your point of entry into the Schengen area is France.

Visa application for domestic workers

1 / Prior to submitting the visa application, the employer must apply for a temporary work permit (APT) for the domestic worker with the competent Regional Department for Business, Competition, Consumer, Labour and Employment (DIRECCTE) in France. This formality can be applied for via on the internet of via our service provider CAPAGO MENA.

For further information :

2 / The employee may obtain the issuance of a visa upon presentation of the following documents :

CERFA Form No. 13647 * 02 « détachement de salarié hors mobilité intragroupe », signed by DIRECCTE

• letter from the employer undertaking to cover living expenses of the employee ;

• a declaration on the employer’s honor to meet their obligations by paying employers’ contributions in France (URSSAF) ;

• insurance covering medical expenses and repatriation of the employee.

3 / This procedure is applicable to all employers, in accordance with provision of the Labour Code (Article R. 341-1) and the Code of Social Security (Article R. 312-4) which require all employees to hold a work permit issued by DIRECCTE. Employers are encouraged to plan such arrangements ahead of time as the entire process may take up to 6 to 8 weeks.

Addresses of the DIRECCTE in France

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I have just renewed my passport because there were no blank pages left. The Schengen visa in my old passport is still valid. Does it allow me to travel ?

You can travel with you your old passport that contains the valid visa and a new passport. You can also ask for a new visa for the remaining period of validity to be affixed to your new travel document. The valid visa is revoked and a new visa with validity equal to the remaining period of validity is affixed in your new passport. This procedure is free of charge but requires you to take an appointment with CAPAGO MENA. Finally, you may also apply for the issuance of a new visa on your new passport.

I own property in France. What documents should I provide ?

If you own property in France, the supporting documents regarding proof of accommodation during your stay in France can be :

• Proof of property tax (of the previous year)

• Notarized Statement

• Invoice issued by the co-ownership / trustees (co-propriété / syndic) dated within one year

I have been invited to stay over with a person who owns property in France. What documents should I provide ?

1 / If the owner resides in France, they must give you an Attestation d’accueil issued by the municipal authorities.

2 / If the owner does not live in France permanently, they must give you a letter of invitation stating that they invite you to stay in their home in France, along with a copy of their passport and proof that they owns the property.

Dernière modification : 18/07/2018

Haut de page